Participation Agreement – Commercial Smart Irrigation Controller Rebate
Reduce water use with a new, weather-based smart irrigation controller. With remote access and easy settings, this simple upgrade can capture valuable savings for your company. Save even more with a SAWS rebate.
Simplify your landscape watering by upgrading to a weather-based smart irrigation controller. Our Commercial Smart Irrigation Controller Rebate can save your property up to 50% of the pre-tax cost of an approved smart controller (limit $100). Learn more in our frequently asked questions.
By signing the SAWS Smart Controller Rebate Participation Agreement below, you agree to and acknowledge the following:
- I understand that smart irrigation controllers are a relatively new technology; SAWS cannot guarantee the life of the product or company.
- I understand that SAWS is not endorsing any one company or product. SAWS does not recommend or support any additional products or services advertised in the smart irrigation controller app or by the product parent company.
- Failure to keep the smart irrigation controller installed for at least three years and failure to contact SAWS Conservation to discuss any installation issues will result in the rebate amount charge being applied to the SAWS account.
- I understand that the offer my business received for this program is nontransferable and certify that the smart irrigation controller represented in this application was installed at the property associated with the account on this application.
- I am a responsible party for the business where the smart irrigation controller will be located.
- The person installing this smart irrigation controller must ensure it is installed according to instructions, including connecting the device to the internet via Wi-Fi or cellular service.
- Smart irrigation controllers approved by SAWS provide their own technical support for any installation questions and technical challenges; SAWS nor its representatives will provide technical support for your device.
- The business where this smart irrigation controller is located will maintain internet connection for this device for at least three years.
- I will agree to accept vendor messages when sent to the mobile app. Feedback on the messages is an important program component. I understand that if I disable these messages, I could miss key information such as the settings changing to increase watering and my overall billed water usage.
- SAWS is not responsible for my Wi-Fi system, or any charges associated with maintaining it.
- I am responsible for my water bill now and in the future.
- This system presents no guarantee for reductions in water use nor does it provide any variance from drought restrictions or water waste rules that might be in effect in San Antonio.
- I understand that the vendor’s weather-based irrigation controller feature uses local weather data to adjust water applied to my landscape. If this feature is utilized, I understand that it may increase my water use/monthly bill as conditions become hot and dry. This feature can be disabled, but only end users can make this choice.
- The business’s water usage and account activity will be tracked during the next year to assess how the new controller may be assisting me in keeping water usage appropriate.
- I understand that I may be contacted in the future for a follow-up survey.
- SAWS is not responsible for the condition of the business’s landscape or irrigation system now, or in the future.
- I understand I will receive a rebate in the form of a check for my approved smart irrigation controller once my application is approved. Only then will SAWS mail out the check within 6-8 weeks of rebate application approval.
- Customers who receive SAWS rebates totaling $600 or more in a calendar year require the completion of an IRS W-9 form. If you have already received an irrigation design rebate of less than $600 in the current calendar year, receiving this rebate may add to your total and require you to complete a W-9 form. Rebate checks cannot be issued without a completed W-9 form on file with SAWS.