Imagine transforming your landscape and getting a coupon from SAWS to help you pay for every 200 square feet of grass you remove! All while saving water and money.
Each spring and fall, SAWS residential customers can apply for up to four WaterSaver coupons to replace part of a thirsty lawn with lush, drought-tolerant garden beds and/or permeable patios. Combine the Landscape and Patioscape coupons any way you like.
There is a lifetime limit of eight coupons per service account. That’s up to 1,600 square feet of outdoor space that can be transformed from bland to beautiful.
Coupons covers only a portion of the costs at participating vendors.
How It Works
- Apply online for the $100 Coupon (SAWS residential customers only). New for 2019, you must submit a single photo showing where you plan to remove 200 square feet of grass and install your new landscape bed in your yard (examples below). Apply by May 31.
- Remove at least 200 square feet of lawn grass per coupon. Turf is the single most water-demanding element in a residential landscape.
- Pick 15 drought-tolerant plants from more than 100 gorgeous options in any combination to create a 200-square-foot garden bed you'll admire for years. The deadline to purchase is June 30. After you redeem at least one coupon, you’ll receive an email with an inspection checklist. It will include instructions and a link to submit photos for inspection. Make sure to save this email for the next step.
- Complete your coupon project and take up to three photos of it (example below). Click the link in the email to fill out the online inspection form and attach your photos to it. You can get a bonus $50 mulch coupon, if approved. Submit your form by July 31.
- Photo will be reviewed by SAWS staff. If approved, you’ll receive an email with a link to your $50 Special Mulch Coupon (limit one). Redeem by Aug.15.
Note: You will be required to submit photos of your completed project by July 31 in order to be eligible for any new conservation programs.
SAWS reserves the right to use photos submitted on this application for program promotions. Identifying information as to customer name and address will not be used on selected photos.
- You will be required to submit photos:
- Applying for Coupon: One (1) photo of site where you plan to remove grass and install your new landscape bed and/or patioscape.
- Post-Inspection: Up to three (3) photos of completed project for inspection by a SAWS representative. If approved, you will receive a $50 Special Mulch Coupon via email.
- Photos of completed project must be received by July 31 to be eligible for any future conservation programs.
- SAWS reserves the right to use photos submitted on this application for program promotions. Identifying information, such as customer name and address, will remain private and will not be used or shared.
Eligible customers will receive an email with their Landscape eCoupon(s) within one week. It will be sent to the email address provided in the application. Customers who apply for multiple coupons will receive them in separate emails. Redeem your eCoupons from your mobile device at participating stores. A cashier will enter the store code on your mobile device to validate the coupon.
Planning and design are key to making smart water-saving landscape changes. Be sure to identify and measure the areas to change and visualize the beautiful lush flower beds and inviting outdoor living spaces you can create with the WaterSaver coupons.
You’ll need to cap all the irrigation heads and remove driplines in the area where you will install beds or patios. If the required changes to your system are extensive, you may also qualify for our residential irrigation design rebate, which may further defray the cost of your project.
Apply today for your WaterSaver coupons!
Completed project photos and inspection form must be submitted by July 31, 2019.