Turn turf into a beautiful outdoor living space and save on watering with help from our Patioscape Coupon!
Each spring and fall, SAWS residential customers can apply for up to four WaterSaver coupons to replace part of a thirsty lawn with lush, drought-tolerant garden beds and/or permeable patios. Combine the Landscape and Patioscape coupons any way you like.
There is a lifetime limit of eight coupons per service account. That’s up to 1,600 square feet of outdoor space that can be transformed from bland to beautiful.
Coupon covers only a portion of the costs at participating vendors.
How It Works
- Apply online for the $100 Coupon (or $200 if you have an irrigation system.). SAWS residential customers only. New for 2019, you must submit a single photo showing where you plan to remove 200 square feet of grass and install your patioscape (examples below). Apply by May 31.
- Remove at least 200 square feet of lawn grass per coupon.
- Purchase enough flagstone, pavers or stepping stones (your choice) to create a contiguous 200-square-foot patioscape, perfect for an outdoor living space. The deadline to purchase is June 30.
After you redeem at least one coupon, you’ll receive an email with an inspection checklist. It will include instructions and a link to submit photos for inspection. Make sure to save this email for the next step.
- Complete your coupon project and take up to three photos of it (example below). Click the link in the email to fill out the online inspection form and attach your photos to it. You can get a bonus $50 mulch coupon, if approved. Submit your form by July 31.
- Photo will be reviewed by SAWS staff. If approved, you’ll receive an email with a link to your $50 Special Mulch Coupon (limit one). Redeem by Aug.15.
- You will be required to submit photos:
- Applying for Coupon: One (1) photo of site where you plan to remove grass and install your new landscape bed and/or patioscape.
- Post-Inspection: Up to three (3) photos of completed project for inspection by a SAWS representative. If approved, you will receive a $50 Special Mulch Coupon via email.
- Photos of completed project must be received by July 31 to be eligible for any future conservation programs.
- SAWS reserves the right to use photos submitted on this application for program promotions. Identifying information, such as customer name and address, will remain private and will not be used or shared.
As you envision your new patioscape, take the time to measure the area you plan to dig up. The patio must be at least 10 feet wide and pervious (let water through). The coupon cannot be used to create a pathway.
Eligible customers will receive an email with their Patioscape eCoupon(s) within one week. It will be sent to the email address provided in the application. Customers who apply for multiple coupons will receive them in separate emails. Redeem your eCoupons from your mobile device at participating stores. A cashier will enter the store code on your mobile device to validate the coupon.
The consultation must be completed BEFORE beginning any work. It is required that you cap the irrigation heads in the patioscape area. You may also qualify for our residential irrigation design rebate..