Rebate Agreement: Shut-off Valve Rebate
A shut-off valve can help protect your home against water damage. SAWS offers a $100 rebate to help with the cost of installation, but first review all the program details you’ll need to know.
Thank you for your interest in the SAWS Shut-off Valve Rebate. Eligible customers can apply for up to a $100 rebate to help offset the costs of a newly installed customer shut-off valve. By applying for the Shut-off Valve Rebate program, you agree to and acknowledge the following:
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Limit 2,000.
- I confirm that the SAWS residential water account is in my name and I have authority at this property to accept and implement this program.
- I understand I must use a licensed plumber who will install a new shut-off valve. Replacement valves are not eligible for this rebate.
- SAWS does not in any way endorse or promote or guarantee the work of any plumbing company. Due diligence in hiring a licensed plumber is the sole responsibility of the SAWS customer. SAWS is not responsible for damages caused by the plumber.
- I understand that installing a shut-off valve is not a guarantee against water damage.
- SAWS is not responsible for the plumbing, any water damage, or the water bill at this home because of this program activity now or in the future.
- A shut-off ball valve must be installed near the meter where all flow to the property can be shut off. Gate valves are not eligible for this rebate.
- The $100 bill credit is not expected to cover all the costs of the work.
- The shut-off valve and valve box must be installed after March 16, 2022.
- I understand I must submit a photo of the newly installed shut-off valve and valve box with my application.
- The customer must agree to allow a post-inspection by a SAWS representative.
- SAWS reserves the right to use photos submitted on this application for program promotions. Identifying information as to customer name and address will not be used on selected photos.
- The customer certifies that all information and support material submitted to receive the bill credit, including invoices, are real and accurate. SAWS may contact the plumbing company to confirm the information.
- The customer understands that this rebate is in the form of a credit on their water bill and may not be disbursed before an acceptable invoice is submitted and approved.
- This rebate will only be issued in the form of a credit toward the bill and may take up to 2 billing cycles (about two months) from the time the application is approved to show up on the bill. Limit one rebate per household.
- Customers are responsible for paying the bills as presented on time regardless of the rebate status.
- Program availability may be subject to budget limitations.
- I understand that I may be contacted in the future for a follow-up survey.