Grilled pineapple is a light and refreshing desert that is just perfect for your Mother’s Day brunch, lunch or barbeque. It can be prepared on the grill or a grill pan on the stove. Either method will achieve nice grill marks on the pineapple and caramelize the natural sugars of the fruit.
There are so many variations to this recipe as any stone fruit can be substituted. You can marinate the fruit in the honey and lime or mix it up with rum, brown sugar and cinnamon if using peaches or plums. Any variation you choose will be a lovely addition to your Mother’s Day meal and assure you a spot as Mom’s favorite!
- Fresh pineapple, cored and cut into spears or slices
- Lime, zested and juiced
- Cooking spray or vegetable oil
- Mascarpone cheese or ice cream
- Mint leaves, rinsed and torn for garnish
- Preheat the grill or grill pan over medium heat. Apply a light coat of cooking spray or vegetable oil to the grill or grill pan.
- Zest the lime and reserve. Squeeze juice from the lime over the pineapple.
- Grill pineapple on all sides until you have nice grill marks. Spears take about 5 minutes per side and slices approximately 2 minutes per side. Do not allow the pineapple to become mushy.
- Sprinkle lime zest over the grilled fruit and drizzle with honey. Serve with ice cream or mascarpone cheese and garnish with mint. (Hint: When using mascarpone cheese, sweeten it a bit with powdered sugar and add a little lime juice to taste.)