Autumn is the time of year every South Texas gardener looks forward to. Our WaterSaver Coupons can help you make the best of the season — pumpkin spice latte optional!
The time of year every gardener has been looking forward to has officially arrived: autumn. Well, at least according to the calendar it’s here.
The milder temperatures and shorter days that come with fall make this the perfect time of year for planting. And, the nurseries are beckoning us with new varieties to help rejuvenate our landscapes. An added bonus: the WaterSaver Coupons are available now!
You can apply for up to four WaterSaver Coupons through Oct. 15. That adds up to $400 in landscape savings — or even more if you have an in-ground sprinkler system.
Here’s a few more reasons to get out and garden.
- It’s the perfect time to plant trees and shrubs because the root systems have ample time to recover from transplanting and grow new roots.
- Cooler temperatures reduce overall plant stress.
- Increased rainfall this time of year reduces watering needs for new plantings.
- Plants that barely survived the summer heat will celebrate the season with a new rush of fall color.
- Pesky pests — especially mosquitoes — retreat due to cooler temperatures.
So get out and enjoy the wonderful fall weather. Your landscape will love you for it!