Got an irrigation system? If you've been pondering making changes to it — or getting rid of it altogether — now is the time. You may qualify for our irrigation design rebate to help offset some of the cost.
If you’ve been considering making some changes to your home irrigation system, or even permanently getting rid of it, now is the time to tackle it before summer temperatures divert enthusiasm away from outdoor activities and more toward air conditioning.
The Irrigation Design Rebate program is available to homeowners and business owners. There are a few very important facets to remember along the way. Home or business owners interested in the irrigation rebate MUST call or email SAWS Conservation to schedule a free consultation BEFORE any irrigation system changes or upgrades are made. *Any irrigation work initiated before the first consultation will not be considered for the rebate.*
Here’s how it works:
- Call SAWS Conservation at 704-SAVE (7283) or email us to set up a free irrigation consultation .
- A SAWS Conservation Consultant will come to your home and inspect the irrigation system to record the settings and then briefly test the system to collect information on the system’s average water flow rate, maintenance issues and number of separate zones laid out across the landscape. The consultant will talk with you about the inspection results and discuss any questions or plans you have for the system or landscape.
- The consultant will provide you with a personalized written rebate offer that’s good for 12 months from the date of the consultation based on the average water flow and number of zones in the irrigation system. The offer contains:
- The maximum rebate amount available for permanently retiring the functional or non-functional irrigation system.
- The maximum rebate amount for making targeted changes to the irrigation system. Targeted changes include capping entire sprinkler zones, converting entire spray irrigation zones to drip irrigation (landscape beds only) or converting all conventional spray irrigation heads in a zone to pressure-reducing spray heads (grass zones only). The maximum rebate for making targeted changes is limited to 75 percent of the amount to completely retire the functional irrigation system.
- You have 12 months from the date of your first consult to make any changes to the irrigation system and call SAWS to schedule and complete a final rebate inspection. The consultant will inspect and confirm all changes you’ve made. BONUS: If you complete the rebate work to your system and finish your final inspection within 90 days of that initial consultation, you’ll get a 10 percent bonus added to the total rebate!
- The consultant returns the final inspection paperwork to SAWS and the homeowner will receive an email within 48 hours confirming their final rebate amount (including the 10 percent bonus, if qualified).
- Rebates will be issued as a check mailed directly to the homeowner within two to eight weeks after the rebate is approved. Only homeowners are eligible for the rebate; tenants are not eligible.
Customized rebate amounts start at $450 for permanently retiring a non-functional irrigation system and could possibly exceed $2,000 (amount varies based on water flow and zones) for retiring a functional irrigation system. Based on system water flow, rebates (amounts vary based on water flow) for retiring individual zones start at $200 per zone, while rebates for converting spray to drip irrigation (landscape beds only) start at $100 per zone. Rebates for converting regular spray heads to pressure-reducing spray heads (grass zones only) start at $50 per zone and increase based on water flow of the system.
Remember: ANY irrigation system work started before the initial consult WILL NOT be considered as part of the calculations to arrive at the rebate offer. Call or email us BEFORE starting any work.