Everyone knows saving water means saving money on your water bill. But wouldn’t it be great to get a little something extra for your water-wise ways?
With WaterSaver Rewards, it pays to be a WaterSaver — literally! Earn points every time you participate in a SAWS-approved conservation event or program, then cash them in for coupons to use toward water-saving materials like plants, mulch, compost and the ever-popular rain barrels. Joining is simple and free!
How It Works
- Sign up online (SAWS residential water customers only).
- Get your WaterSaver Rewards card in the mail.
- Watch for WaterSaver Rewards events and programs on GardenStyleSA.com calendar, GardenStyleSA weekly newsletter, MySAWS Facebook account and other announcements.
- Present your WaterSaver Rewards card to the event organizer and sign in with your rewards number to get credit for that activity or event.
About the Rewards
- Three points earns a $30 coupon toward the purchase of a rain barrel from participating local retailers.
- Five points earns a $50 coupon for the purchase of organic mulch from participating local retailers.
- Seven points earns you a $70 coupon to be used at participating local retailers. for a variety of water conserving materials including:
- Rain barrels
- Birdbaths and bird feeders
- Other landscaping supplies
How to Earn Points
Different activities and programs are worth different amounts of reward points. In general, those that require more time or effort will earn more points. You can earn a maximum of seven points in a calendar year and get $150 in coupons. Coupons are automatically emailed to the email address provided during sign-up. The coupon values correspond to the number of points you earn.
You don’t need to reapply every year for the WaterSaver Rewards program, but points earned in one year do not carry over. Clearing point totals annually allows you to earn coupons every year.
More than one adult per household may have their own WaterSaver Rewards card, but all points are awarded on an individual basis and may not be transferred to another person.
The Fine Print
- Points earned in each year expire Dec. 31 of that year.
- Limit one coupon of each amount per person, per year.
- All coupons expire 90 days after they are issued; they will not be reissued.
- Coupons must be used at participating vendors.
- Some SAWS-sponsored activities may limit the number of participants on a first-come, first-served basis.